Are you an experienced Health & Safety manager with a passion for delivering successful infrastructure projects? L48BESS is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our team and lead our UK-wide construction delivery programme. As one of our Health & Safety Managers, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our infrastructure projects from planning to handover, ensuring that our projects are delivered safely on time, within budget, and to the highest standards, without any concession to the overall Health & Safety of every member of our team, our contractors and any regulated authority who can be expected to visit our sites.
About Lower 48 BESS Limited (Battery Energy Storage Systems)
L48 BESS is a visionary new energy player that is committed to revolutionizing the UK's renewable infrastructure through the development of Battery Energy Storage Assets (BESS). Our mission is to contribute to the essential renovation of the UK's renewable infrastructure and support the transition to clean energy.
We have a highly skilled team of professionals with real ambition and financial backing, who are passionate about developing a robust, trusted and integrated international BESS portfolio and grid connections to accelerate the decentralised creation and use of renewable electricity. Our vision is to develop and own a portfolio of 250MW of Battery Storage in the UK in the next 2-3 years, with a further expansion in the next 5-7 years delivering a Battery Storage capacity of 1GW.
- Responsible for managing and delivering health and safety policies and procedures across multiple sites in the UK.
- Engage across multiple stakeholders and the site management team to drive a positive safety culture.
- Manage, develop and maintain site-based H&S Management systems (ISO 45001) and represent the organisation as required for H&S audits.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions and interventions, to support the drive for proactive safety management working closely with colleagues to ensure consistency across sites.
- Oversee the delivery of health & safety training, for example manual handling, first aid, fire warden and H&S leadership training for contract staff.
- Develop and support a suitable training programme for site personnel based upon the key hazards identified working on our sites including emergency preparedness, tool box talks etc. Training may be both internal or externally provided.
- Develop and implement a robust audit and inspection programme for all activities within the scope of works of the contract, covering the in-house team and contractor base.
- Ensure that all services are delivered in compliance with all relevant H&S legislation, ensuring the sites can evidence compliance with same.
- Ensure that all company H&S policies and procedures are effectively implemented across the contract.
- Lead and guide the team in the investigation of all Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) incidents or accidents and ensure the required records are completed and stored.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured, communicated and the H&S management system updated as required.
- Manage site RIDDOR reports in line with regulations.
- Manage chemical safety onsite including maintaining an approved chemical database (HAZMAT) for all in house team and contractor’s chemicals.
- Assist the Operations Director in any incident reporting requirements including input into relevant problem-solving sheets or technical investigative reports to determine root cause analysis & implement corrective actions.
- Identify and drive continual improvements in safety performance across the contract.
Qualifications & Experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles.
- IT literate including knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Confident decision maker under pressure.
- Flexible, reliable, responsible, calm in a crisis.
- A willing team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
At L48BESS, we offer a dynamic work environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. As one of our Health & Safety Managers, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our infrastructure projects and the communities we serve. If you're ready to take on a new challenge and lead a team of talented professionals, we invite you to apply today!