Are you an experienced QA QC Manager with a passion for delivering successful infrastructure projects? L48BESS is seeking a QA QC Manager to join our team and lead our UK-wide construction delivery programme. As one of our QA QC Managers, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our infrastructure projects from planning to handover, ensuring that our projects are delivered safely on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
About Lower 48 BESS Limited (Battery Energy Storage Systems)
L48 BESS is a visionary new energy player that is committed to revolutionizing the UK's renewable infrastructure through the development of Battery Energy Storage Assets (BESS). Our mission is to contribute to the essential renovation of the UK's renewable infrastructure and support the transition to clean energy.
We have a highly skilled team of professionals with real ambition and financial backing, who are passionate about developing a robust, trusted and integrated international BESS portfolio and grid connections to accelerate the decentralised creation and use of renewable electricity. Our vision is to develop and own a portfolio of 250MW of Battery Storage in the UK in the next 2-3 years, with a further expansion in the next 5-7 years delivering a Battery Storage capacity of 1GW.
- Preparation and implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Carry out audits for ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and recommend the necessary corrective actions and measures.
- Monitor policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required.
- Assist the Project Manager in reviewing the contractor’s specific quality plans and produce recommendations.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution for QA or QC issues, in coordination with the Construction Manager.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed on or off site.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures on the sites and ensure activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the contractor’s representative and Site Engineer in charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance and Site Instructions.
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Develop method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a related field.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Capable of reviewing existing operations within an organisation through all the project phases (processes and procedures in both office and site), assessing both the strengths and weaknesses and assisting in compiling a bespoke set of process and procedures of all of the activities including but not limited to quality, progress, design and construction.
- A “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis, project controls and managing process and commercial considerations.
- Effective in building good working relationships with stakeholders.
At L48BESS, we offer a dynamic work environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. As one of our QA QC Managers, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our infrastructure projects and the communities we serve. If you're ready to take on a new challenge and lead a team of talented professionals, we invite you to apply today!